If you find yourself longing for a beautiful, full-smile makeover, it may be time to consider porcelain veneers. Veneers can change the color, shape, and size of teeth, resulting in a dramatic transformation and a marked improvement in appearance.
Even though porcelain veneers provide spectacular results, they are not the right treatment for everyone. You need to meet specific criteria to be a strong candidate for porcelain veneers. Our Monroe, MI dentists will always consider your overall dental health before making a final decision.
Dental Veneers Could Benefit You
Generally, you are a good candidate for dental veneers if:
- You have strong teeth and healthy gums
- You have a proven track record of visiting the dentist regularly
- Your teeth are dull or discolored and don’t respond well to professional teeth whitening
- You do not chew on ice or pens/similar inanimate objects
- You are looking for a permanent, in-depth cosmetic dental treatment that will transform your whole smile
- Your concerns are primarily esthetic, and you want to fix blemishes like chips, cracks, or gaps
- You do not grind your teeth during the day or while you sleep
Because porcelain dental veneers are permanent, delicate fixtures, we want to make sure that you are prepared to take care of them forever. We do not recommend porcelain veneers if you have chronic oral health problems, gum disease, or severely crooked teeth. Additionally, porcelain veneers are not the right choice if you consistently clench or grind your teeth or if you have poor oral hygiene habits.
Porcelain veneers require maintenance and care, so it’s crucial to maintain the health of your smile and to do everything you can to protect your teeth. We suggest that you visit our dental office regularly so we can monitor any potential chips or cracks that may develop in your veneers.
Schedule Your Porcelain Veneers Appointment in Monroe, MI
To find out more about whether you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers in Monroe, MI, you can schedule a dental appointment with the Kuras Dental Health Associates team. Give us a call today at (734) 242-7120!